Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ANSI and RBMM

For some reason I really enjoy running the testsuite I have been putting together for my research into region based memory management (RBMM).  Maybe it's the awesome color, maybe it's the satisfaction it is reporting 100% success rate.  But either way, I must not mislead myself.  The pass/fail check the testrig checks is the number of region creations minus the number of region deletions.  Those values should balance at the end of the each test-program execution.  This, is not testing all of the features of region merging and region variable passing.  But creation-deletion is a rough metric, but good for a base test.  This isn't at full resolution, but you get the idea, let your brain do the interpolation.


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment