Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hawking makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Greetings faithful readers!  Guess, what?!  I got a library card to the wondrous Moreland library system.  After doing such, and meeting the very nice lady who spent a few years in Maine, I decided to walk.... no strut... naw, I pimp'd-out with some Stephen Hawking action.  That's right fellow physics nerds, I picked-up/checked-out/ and read Hawking and Molidnow's The Grand Design.  And I must say, that book is fantabulous!  Marvelous ideas on the birth of the universe.  But what really bakes my brain is the mention that time is just a variant of space.  Wha, wha, wha?! you say?!  Sure, Einstein and his General Theory of Relativity introduced space-time, but for some reason, I never thought of time as being a weird space-like thing.  But, the aforementioned book by H&M (I guess I can call 'em that) mentioned that time is just space but only in one direction. Hmmmmm, crikey! I think they are right!  Sweet sassy molassy, that's mega-badassery.  Anyways, hope you all enjoy that nugget of knowledge.  That's it for now.  Much love and eat babies.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment