Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wow Yau! A Lecture.

So I was about to go to the Juggling Meeting tonight, when I realized, it was kinda chilly and drizzly so I was like screw it, I'll go home. Well, I was going to short-cut through a University building when I found out there was a lecture on. Well it was on String-theory, right up my alley! So I decided to check it out, the title being "The Shape of Inner Space: String Theory and the Geometry of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions." The lecture was given by Shing-Tung Yao, who proved the Calabi Conjecture and ultimately helped to form the concept of Calabi-Yau manifolds (6-dimensional manifolds, wrap you mind around that)! Awesome lecturer, and he is a perfect example of what my definition of genius is, someone who can explain really complicated concepts to a layperson with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment